I believe in the power of love. No, seriously. That’s really how I’m starting this thing off (and it’s true!). Generally, I come off as the most reserved one in this trio, but I love life and all that comes with it.
I’m many things, but mostly I’m a writer, teacher, feminist and sun goddess. As a Georgia peach, I’m a proud member of Team G.R.I.T.S., but every few years I’ll find myself living across the border, soaking up the Florida sunshine.
I run a few miles most mornings, weather permitting, and I dance casino salsa when my schedule allows. Lady Buddha has been my online persona for over a decade. I started using it shortly after I began practicing Nichiren Buddhism. I’ve held on to it all these years because Buddhism equals daily life, and the philosophy infuses everything I do.
Read some of my musings over at cocostudio or follow me on Twitter at @ndcharp.
I am an occasional blogger living a semi-charmed life in the
DC metropolitan area. I enjoy:
- Short walks. Walks to my car absolutely count!
- Long naps. Naps decrease crime.
- Not-really-roughing-it Camping. That’s right, your girl camps, can pitch a tent (minds o
ut of the gutter), and start a fire.
- Crafting. You can catch her with no less than four incomplete projects tucked away. They all eventually make it to completion and are fabulous.
- Favorite Color: ‘Shiny’ When in doubt, bedazzle it out! I spent twelve years in Detroit. How can I not like tacky things?
- Being efficient. Making bullet-point lists and completing all of the tasks pleases me.
- Cooking. Mainly because I like eating.
- Favorite restaurant: Proof I am over the wine, cheese, and food. It’s really about the great memories I’ve made there (and continue to make).
- Obsessing over spot removal. I carry a Tide to Go instant Stain Remover at all times. I’ve been a true believer since I used one to get rid of a wine spill (an entire glass).
- Preparing for the zombie apocalypse. I have totally thought about all the ways to
fortify my home and keep a running list of the things I would get during the initial looting.
You can follow me on Twitter @Think_P_Smart and check out my
archives at http://www.ThinkPrettySmart.com.
Lord, this is more stressful than filling out a Match.com profile! So this is the part where I’m supposed to insert some clever opening statement to hook you in. Eh. I got nothing.
At any rate, I am a city girl with a country swirl currently residing comfortably south of the Atlanta perimeter. I always like to remind people that I am a native ATLien. This means that while I frequently hike Stone Mountain and you can find me at the Georgia Dome or Philips Arena rooting for my Hawks and Falcons, I also like to randomly yell out “Now who else wanna eff with Hollywood Court???” in public for no reason.
I tried to look at my Netflix que to find some of my likes/dislikes, but my que was filled with movies about serial killers, vampires and Asian horror sooooooo….. *sigh*
I do enjoy laughing, writing, bellydancing and shooting the breeze with my friends. This is the perfect place for me to do 3 out of 4. Ms. Smart told me I am not allowed to belly dance on cam. Hmph.
PS Call me SoJo. All my friends do. 🙂
Come visit me over at phYINomenal , Sojourner’s Verdad or follow me on Twitter at @SoJoXOXO and tel me what Self Care Is to you!! Use the hashtag #SelfCareIs.